Web Services to Increase Your Online Success
A website is the central hub of a company’s online presence. Your “web” extends beyond the pages of your website. Improve your connection with people online with effective tools and services.
Prices for the services mentioned on this page will vary according to your requirements, so I will provide a quote for services after we have talked. Our initial conversation is always free.
“Sylvia Tooker’s Bear Data Services has given our business two superbly designed websites. Her up-to-date knowledge of internet options has been very useful in directing our marketing efforts.”
—Edward E. Gordon, President & Founder, Imperial Consulting Corporation
Whether you are a potential client or a current client, you may want to do some brainstorming about ideas you have for your website.
Perhaps you need assistance with researching services, resources or features you are considering adding to your website so you can make informed decisions about using them.
Or, you may want suggestions for organizing your website content so it makes sense to your site’s visitors. Note that I don’t write content for you. I will work with you and provide resources to improve your content.
I am happy to guide you on your online journey.
- Add a blog to your existing WordPress website to demonstrate and share your expertise with current and potential clients.
- Search engines love to see new content on websites, so a blog can potentially improve search rankings.
- If you don’t want to add posts to your blog yourself, I will use content you provide to publish blog posts for you.
- Set up a mailing list to automatically send email alerts to blog subscribers when a new post has been published.
Newsletters and Mailing Lists
- Get help setting up an account with an email broadcast service like MailChimp or Constant Contact.
- Let me customize newsletter templates to match your website’s design.
- If creating and broadcasting each issue is more than you want to do, you can send me the content for each newsletter and I’ll format, test and send out your newsletter issues for you.
- Create newsletter archives on your website as a convenience to your newsletter subscribers. Give potentional subscribers a preview of what they will get when they join your mailing list. Potential clients or customers will learn of your expertise by browsing through your archives.
- Archives add fresh content to your site which can help with your search engine rankings.
Sending out automated messages or a series of workshop materials are only a couple of ways to use autoresponders. I can help set them up and schedule their broadcast frequency.
Sell Products or Services
- Find the right option or platform for selling your books, ebooks and other publications online.
- Let clients pay for your services and workshops on your website.
- Set up a shopping cart to sell your products.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Traditional SEO tactics that were used a few years ago to improve rankings in search engines don’t get the results they used to. Search engine technology is much more advanced and complicated today. Google admits to using over 200 ranking factors in their algorithm. And, their algorithm changes 500 times a year!
Search engines now look for quality content they consider to be the most relevant and useful to a searcher. They notice how many links point to your website from other websites to determine your online reputation. While most ranking factors can’t be manually influenced, there are basic on-site SEO tasks that can be done to help search engines find you and potentially improve rankings. We can also discuss some of the off-site ways to get your website found.
Set up Google’s free site-monitoring services.
If you are serious about SEO, then access to Google’s Google Analytics tracking and Search Console reports about how people are finding and using your site can provide valuable information for improving your search engine rankings.