Project: Create an Ebook in PDF Format
PDF Ebook Publication: 2019
Judy Tsafrir, M.D.
Location: Newton, Massachusetts
Judy Tsafrir, M.D., a client since 2016, asked me to add formatting to a simple Word document to create a welcome gift file that new subscribers to her blog’s mailing list could download.
Instead of a Word file, we decided to create a 14-page ebook in PDF format using a more advanced design to complement her website’s colors and style.
The main steps in this project included:
- Editing the Word document to create consistent heading and paragraph styles, cleaning up and correcting online resource URLs, and performing other tasks necessary to meet the ebook publishing tool’s requirements.
- Importing the edited Word file into the ebook publishing program.
- Creating a customized ebook page design in the program’s template formatting tool.
- Formatting the imported text using the design settings.
- Designing the ebook’s front and back covers.
- Publishing the ebook as a PDF.
- Converting the PDF to a flipbook.
Here are screenshots of the ebook front cover, an interior page, and the back cover:
Here is a screenshot of two pages in the flipbook version of the ebook:
I also created thumbnail images of the ebook for website and social media use.
As an admin for her Facebook page, I then:
- Set up a Mailchimp blog subscribe form on her Facebook page.
- Pinned a post announcing the ebook at the top of her Facebook page.
“I am so very grateful that Sylvia Tooker is the person who supports me with my online presence. She helps me implement all of my ideas, and I have a lot of them! Recently we collaborated on creating an ebook as a welcome gift for new subscribers to my mailing list. She created a beautiful PDF for me that I am super pleased about. I feel blessed to have found such effective help that is so essential in this digital age.”
—Judy Tsafrir, M.D.
Filed Under: Portfolio, Webmaster Projects