Project: Website Redesign
Judy Tsafrir, M.D.
Location: Newton, Massachusetts
Judy Tsafrir, M.D. provides Holistic Adult and Child Psychiatry in the Boston area.
Judy Tsafrir brought an existing WordPress website to me for an appearance makeover, conversion to a mobile-responsive theme, and on-going website maintenance. While she liked the general minimalist style of her website, she was unhappy with the black and white color scheme. Keeping the basic look intact, we added earth-tone colors, new fonts, and replaced some of the poorly functioning features with new plugins.
- The home page features a photo that symbolizes Judy’s practice, her photo, appointment information, plus the latest blog post.
- The Media page includes audio players for listening to online podcasts and interviews featuring Dr. Tsafrir.
- The blog has a loyal following with numerous comments, so it includes blog subscription, comment subscription and comment notification features.
- A sidebar on every page contains a search form, a MailChimp newsletter subscribe form, an audio player featuring an interview with Dr. Tsafrir, a Twitter feed, and blog posts and categories.
- A footer widget area displays contact info, original artwork by Dr. Tsafrir, and an inspirational video at the bottom of every page.
Blog Alert Newsletter
Dr. Tsafrir was using a mailing list plugin running from the website’s WordPress software that was not working properly. We moved her blog alert subscriber list to MailChimp where I configured the mailing list settings, created a newsletter design template that reflected the minimalist style of the website, and created the subscribe form on the website. I guided Dr. Tsafrir as she sent out the first couple of newsletters, after which she took over sending them out on her own.
“Just wanted to express my appreciation to you for the website. It’s beautiful and has the vibe I want to convey. I am grateful that I have a website that I really like now. You have been responsive, attentive and attuned to my wishes.”
—Judy Tsafrir, M.D.