Project: Website Redesign
Website Maintenance: Ongoing
Judy Tsafrir, M.D.
Location: Newton, Massachusetts
Judy Tsafrir, M.D. provides Holistic Adult and Child Psychiatry in the Boston area.
Judy Tsafrir brought an existing WordPress website to me for an appearance makeover, conversion to a mobile-responsive theme, and on-going website maintenance. While she liked the general minimalist style of her website, she was unhappy with the black and white color scheme. Keeping the basic look intact, we added earth-tone colors, new fonts, and replaced some of the poorly functioning features with new plugins.
- The home page features a photo that symbolizes Judy’s practice, her photo, appointment information, plus the latest blog post.
- The Media section includes a YouTube video gallery and audio players for listening to online podcasts and interviews featuring Dr. Tsafrir.
- The blog has a loyal following with numerous comments, so it includes blog subscription, comment subscription and comment notification features.
- A sidebar on every page contains a search form, a MailChimp newsletter subscribe form, featured content, a Twitter feed, and a listing of recent blog posts and categories.
- Three photo galleries with modal window feature showcase the results of Dr. Tsafrir’s creative talents.
- A footer widget area displays contact info, original artwork by Dr. Tsafrir, and an inspirational video at the bottom of every page.
Image Gallery Popup Modal Window Example
Blog Alert Newsletter
Dr. Tsafrir was using a mailing list plugin running from the website’s WordPress software that was not working properly. We moved her blog alert subscriber list to MailChimp where I configured the mailing list settings, created a newsletter design template that reflected the minimalist style of the website, and created the subscribe form on the website. I guided Dr. Tsafrir as she sent out the first couple of newsletters, after which she took over sending them out on her own.
Dr. Tsafrir asked me to convert a simple Word document into a PDF file that new subscribers to her blog could download as a welcome gift. I converted a Word document into a PDF in ebook format using a design that is consistent with her website’s colors and style.
“I am so very grateful that Sylvia Tooker is the person who supports me with my on-line presence. She helps me implement all of my ideas, and I have a lot of them! I often ask her to add or change something on my website and find her extremely responsive and reliable. She keeps up to date with all of the new technology and is a trusted advisor about all things related to keeping my website updated, functional, secure and attractive.
Recently we collaborated on creating an e-book as a welcome gift for new subscribers to my mailing list. She created a beautiful PDF for me that I am super pleased about. I feel blessed to have found such effective help that is so essential in this digital age. In addition, her rates are fair. I could not recommend her more highly.”
—Judy Tsafrir, M.D.
Filed Under: Portfolio, Redesign, Webmaster Projects