Does your WordPress website need a makeover?
When contemplating a redesign, first reassess the goals of your website. Then decide whether a complete redesign is truly necessary or if improving specific elements of your site is all you need to do.
Top reasons for a complete redesign:
- Not mobile-friendly. With the ever-increasing use of mobile devices like tablets and smartphones, it is critical that your website is mobile-responsive so the layout adapts to any device and screen size. Not only is mobile-friendliness expected by site visitors, it is a ranking factor for search engines.
- It looks outdated. Design styles change, so eventually a website just looks old and tired. First impressions matter, so you don’t want your site visitors to think your business is behind-the-times, too!
- Your business or brand has changed. Businesses evolve, so your old website may no longer be relevant or meet your current goals.
- You want to improve visibility in search engines. Websites built with modern technology use tags and code for SEO purposes and social media sharing that weren’t available a couple of years ago.
Reasons why a partial redesign may be all that your website needs:
- Your website functions well but needs a modern look. Changing a theme or adjusting colors and styles can work wonders without the headache and cost of a complete redesign.
- You want to start a blog. Your site looks good and functions well, but it doesn’t have a blog. Blog posts and articles demonstrate your credibility as an expert. New content can improve visibility in search engines.
- Website content doesn’t match your current business. Some sections of your website may need to be removed and/or new sections added.
- Your website’s navigation menu is confusing. Frustrated visitors often leave rather than working hard to find what they are looking for. If your menu system isn’t clear to users, they unconsciously become annoyed with you and may take their business elsewhere.
- Some features and functions are outdated. Third-party plugins and scripts may need to be replaced with new-and-improved versions.
Your website is the face of your business online.
If your website is no longer a good reflection of your business, then it’s time to consider a redesign. Get clear about the reasons why you want to revamp your website. It’s not just about making your website “pretty.” All changes should be about more effectively meeting the goals of the people visiting your website, as well as your own.
“It’s beautiful and has the vibe I want to convey. I am grateful that I have a website that I really like now. You have been responsive, attentive and attuned to my wishes.”
—Judy Tsafrir, M.D.
Frequently Asked Questions About Website Redesigns
Q: How long does a redesign take?
A: It depends on what kind of changes your website needs.
Partial redesigns could take as little as a few hours.
A complete redesign with a new look and updated content is basically the same as building a new website from scratch. This typically takes 6-8 weeks, but the time frame will depend on several factors:
- The size and complexity of your website
- How soon I receive the final versions of your updated text, images and other changes ready for publishing
- My schedule and availability
- Your schedule and availability
Q: Home much does a website redesign cost?
A: Costs will vary from a few hundred dollars for partial redesigns to $1200.00-$3000.00 for rebuilding the site from the ground up.
During your initial free consultation, I will gather information about your project so I can give you an estimated cost.
A down payment will be required. The amount of the down payment will be based on the project’s total cost. If the project will cost at least $600.00, then the payment terms and the design process will be the same as those of a new design.
If the cost of a complete redesign is not in your budget, consider making incremental improvements over time. Tackle the most important issues first.
Because a website is never truly finished, you can upgrade your site at any pace you choose.
Q: Will you be available after the redesign project is finished?
A: Yes. Providing ongoing support to my clients is an important part of my business. Once your redesigned website is finished, I can assist with updates and maintenance or provide guidance with additional features that can help grow your business online.